Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School

Katelyn had her first day of school today.  She's been awake since 6:30 this morning in anticipation of going to school and seeing all of her old friends.  She is excited about her new teacher, Mrs. Gertsch.  Mrs. Gertsch is a big Ute fan so in Katelyn's book she is pretty cool.  (Plus she let's the kids chew bubble gum in class!)
Katelyn was excited to wear her favorite "monkey" shirt.  If you look closely it has monkeys all over it.  It matched her new backpack.  And she was sporting her new Converse pink shoes.  She is so cute!
Aubrey started pre-school last Monday.  She was wearing her favorite color to school- pink, of course.  She is so excited to be back to school and she loves her friends there.  The kids are busy with school now, and I have a little time to myself, only I don't know what to do with it.  I missed them terribly today.  I walked Katelyn to school this morning and to her class.  After a few minutes she said, "You can go now Mom".  I wasn't sure I was ready to go but I knew it was time.  It's hard to let go some days, they grow so quickly.  It's been a great first day!

3 comments:

  1. Darling pictures of all three! Looks like a fun and memorable first day of school!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the first day of school! If only the excitement lasted more than a few days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute kids!! They are just growing way to fast!!

    ReplyDelete