Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Even more BIG news! Katelyn & the Utes

Katelyn was selected to be the honorary team captain of the Utah Utes basketball team.  We were given four floor seats for the game and escorted to the floor for the big pre-game show.
Here is our star in action.  She's got her name on the big screen and the crowd is cheering for her!  Yeah Katelyn!
Katelyn shows her Utes spirit on the big screen. 
Katelyn is in the white shirt.  She was in the line up for welcoming the team to the court as they called the starting players names.  She got to give them a high five as they came running down the court.  My favorite part was when the players huddled in their group to do their chant before the big game and Swoop, the team mascot, took her over the be part of the huddle.  She looked so small with all the tall players surrounding her.  The kids all loved the extra attention that Swoop gave to them during the game.  After the game one of the players came over and gave the kids a high five.
I think that this was Dave just living out his dream.  I tell him he has brain washed our kids.  Truthfully the experience was one we will never forget.  We all had a great time with the exception of Aubrey who just thought the game was too long!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! That sounds SO fun!! I love Aubrey's face in the last picture...it says it all about how much she loved it! :) Such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! What an awesome night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we could have shared it with you, but I'm so happy that everyone had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? I had no idea this was going on! Way to go Katelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all thoroughly enjoyed yourselves!! WAY TO GO KATELYN!! And I am sure Dave was elated!! What a neat experience for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete