Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mazatlan

My favorite part of the city tour that we took, was the market. Mostly because the locals shopped there, it wasn't just for the tourists. I loved the idea of fresh fruit and veggies each day. They had plenty to choose from. (Notice the look on my face in the picture, I am yelling at Dave, "just take the picture". People were stopping to stare at us taking the picture. Just another crazy tourist taking pictures of the funniest things.)

Now the meat market was a different thing. I think I like the idea of meat in the US.
It's a little more, shall we say packaged properly.
And I am not really into the pig's head and hooves too much.


Cliff divers... yea, I think they are loco!

Obviously, one of Dave's favorite stops in Mazatlan, "The Shrimp Bucket".
Mazatlan is known for it's sea food, and we enjoyed every last shrimp in the bucket,
along with a Coke and some guacamole.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the markets in Mazatlan!! They have the BEST FRUIT!!! The shrimp bucket looks yummy!! And there is nothing like a MEXICAN COKE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY Gwen and Dave!

    It was so fun meeting you and hanging with you in Puerto Vallarta-- and the zipline was amazing, eh? I just now found your blogspot address in my wallet-- the logical place to put it of course-- but I looked everywhere but there when we got home, and thought I had lost it! Anyway, your family blog is awesome-- looks like you guys have some pretty great memories and pretty great fam and friends. What beautiful children-- how blessed you are! And how fun that you got to celebrate 10 years this year!! Thanks for sharing the zipline day with us. :0) That was pretty fun.

    Many more years of love and laughter to you!
    Catherine and David Noble, Albuquerque, NM

    ReplyDelete